Friday, February 15, 2008

Yummy, Simple Fried Ice Cream

::{This is such a delicious dessert that people really won't expect. I LOVE it and I am really not an ice cream person. It is so great because you can make it ahead. I serve it with the hot fudge recipe I have listed, which is a GREAT Hot Fudge recipe and could be good on a variety of desserts. My Mom gave me this recipe, thanks Mom!}::




Fried Ice Cream


4 C cornflakes (crushed to 2 C)

1 C coconut

2/3 C sugar {the recipe calls for this sugar but I COMPLETELY OMIT it, I think it is too sweet for my taste to have any. I would suggest decreasing it at the very least}

1 cube melted butter

Mix all ingredients together. Take an ice cream scoop and scoop out a nice sized ball of vanilla ice cream and use your hands to get a nice shape {it's cold, you might want to use gloves, if I don't have any I sometimes put plastic bags over my hands and do the best I can}. Roll the ice cream ball around in the corn flake mixture and coat well. Make a few and make sure to get them into the freezer strait away. Yum!

4 comments:

James and Heather English said...

I really want to make this one! Have you ever had the fried ice cream at Los Hermanos? It is the best, so I will have to see if this compares. Thanks for all the great recipes. You know that you are my inspiration!

Jocee Bergeson said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately. I haven't lost a bit of interest...it is just harder to comment when you view BLOGs on Google Reader. :) I have a lot of good ideas from you that I plan to make if I can ever start feeling better. Hopefully soon!

ben and natalie said...

Yes Heather, let me know how it compares. I haven't had the one at Los Hermanos but I am sure it is good. This one will be different, since I am sure they actually fry theirs, but this one is really good, definitely let me know when you try it!

KP said...

Heather, we live in Brisbane. Just arrived in January. I was going to go to your blog anyway from leah's but then I notice your "Good on ya mate" and decided to check you out further. Congrats on you cookie adventure. You are a true pioneer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Archives

We don't want no stinking spam

Thanks
 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs